Monday, February 4, 2008

Coca Cola Chicken

Something reminded me today of a recipe we had years ago, probably passed along by some of my husband's friends from a cookout. Here it is! We have not had this in some time, but I remember that it is SO good. I don't know if it could substitute diet Coke. It may be something in the Classic Coke that does the tenderizing. However, I can attest to the goodness. This can be made in the oven, as I have done it many, many times. Delish!


COCA-COLA-CHICKEN

Serving Size : 4

1 cup Coca-Cola Classic
1 cup catsup
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 pound whole chicken (or chicken parts)

Wash and pat dry chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Put chicken in crockpot and onions on top. Add cola and catsup and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. When cooked place in refrigerator to cool and then skim off the fat. Reheat and eat.

Enjoy!

No comments: