Thursday, July 31, 2008

Yum!

Here I am late on blogging but so busy. This afternoon I am canning 'maters! They have just started ripening, and I am canning the 17th quart. I'm scared to think how many there will be. I am giving choice ones to friends/family/neighbors. J told me that when I get tired of canning, we will just give the rest away. Yes, if I pick them! Never had much luck making soup that we really care for, so for the time being, it'll be just regular sliced/diced or juice. It's not too hard to make juice, and that'll probably what I end up making.

Still doing the shelled beans--cranberry, lima, Christmas butterbeans, pole beans. Haven't counted the pints lately, but they are so popular with family that I don't want to miss one. Having the time of my life status post a mastectomy three weeks ago. God is Good! If, as and when I need chemo in a coupla weeks, maybe I will be caught up on most of the canning if I don't feel too well then. But, I plan to BE FEELING WELL. That's my plan.

Our chillun will be visiting next week mostly for the weekend. We will be feasting on a huge veggie meal on Saturday. I couldn't start to list the menu. May even do a chicken and dressing. If you're from the South, you know it is about the veggies. At least they are healthful.

Our garden, in spite of the heat and no rain, is still producing. Must be doing something right.

No comments: